Creating an IntelliJ launcher on Ubuntu 9.10
Jan 30, 2010 •
1 min. read
Over the last couple of months I’ve slowly switched from Eclipse to IntelliJ 9 as my main IDE for Java development. After having used Eclipse for more then 5 years I got pointed to IntelliJ by friends from JTEAM, that I’m working with at one of my projects. They challenged me to start using IntelliJ, because I would eventually be impressed and would never want to switch back.
Content mangement and the semantic web
Dec 17, 2009 •
8 min. read
I came across the term ‘semantic web’ a couple of years ago, when one of the original creators of Apache Cocoon went of to work on the SIMILE Project at MIT. I didn’t pay much attention to the concept of ‘semantic web’ back then, because I just started learning Apache Cocoon and still had a lot to learn.But over the last couple of months I’ve been doing some research on the currently available standards for providing semantic data on the web with a strong focus on RDFa.
Sep 15, 2009 •
2 min. read
Japanese and Java resource bundles
Aug 7, 2009 •
2 min. read
At Hippo we have a project, which is build with Java Server Faces, for which I occasionally do some maintenance. A while ago I had an issue in our JIRA bug tracker that reported an error for the Japanese version of the website. The error came from a component that reads information from a resource bundle properties file, which is stored on the local filesystem. In this case from the Japanese version of the resource bundle (ApplicationResource_jp.properties), which is used by the web application to display some Japanese labels.
JCR: Sorting on child node properties
Jun 10, 2009 •
3 min. read
A JCR repository, like Apache Jackrabbit (basis for Hippo CMS 7’s content repository), mainly consists of nodes and properties. As described in the JCR specification, a Java Content Repository should support 2 different query syntaxes: XPath and SQL. Once you get the hang of the syntax, performing a search on a JCR repository is quite easy, but today I came into a situation where I was not able perform the query I wanted. In this post I’ll try to describe what my problem was and how the same result can still be achieved.