Ever wondered what your application was doing? Why that specific page was so slow? I’ve asked myself this question numerous times and always had to change some log level or attach a profiler to get actual feedback on what was going on inside my application.
As you might have read in my previous upgrade post I initially wanted to upgrade my MacBookPro5,4 mid 2009 model with an SSD. Since my initial search for a compatible SSD I’ve read tons of articles on the web describing this same issue, but without a solid answer. It’s been quite a challenge to figure out what to do and I almost gave up on the idea of being able to use an SSD until I found the this excellent blogpost by David Leach.
Last month I finally found some time to play around with a NoSQL database. Getting hands on experience with a NoSQL database has been on my list for quite some time, but due to busy times at work I was unable to find the energy to get things going.
A while ago I thought it would be nice to give my MacBook Pro (MBP) a performance upgrade by putting in a Solid State Drive (SSD). I had pretty high expectations, since I was under the impression that Apple delivers computers with a really high quality factor. Unfortunately it turned out that the mid 2009 model range (which I have) appeared to be a range that has a lot of problems with third party drives. To be more precise I’m currently running a MacBookPro5,4 Intel Core 2 Duo 2.53 GHz.
It’s been a while since I’ve last used Apache Cocoon. I can still remember the day that I was using Cocoon for doing all my web development projects. My first introduction with Cocoon was when I started at Hippo about 8 years ago. In comparison to other frameworks, I sometimes miss the simplicity of the Cocoon pipeline concept when I have to work with XML. Especially processing larger XML files is pain in most IDE’s.