I got tagged by Arje the other day, so here goes:
Yesterday I stumbled upon another hidden feature of Batik, when I noticed that the Visio diagrams didn’t show their arrowheads in the generated jpeg. It seems this is caused by an inappropriate markerWidth/Height and viewbox. According to the SVG specification you need to make sure the marker does not overflow it’s viewport.
Last week I was working on a project that translates svg to jpeg. Creating jpeg’s from svg is pretty easy with the Apache Batik SVG toolkit. But the customer needed to be able to link from the svg files to another location, so I had to create html imagemaps from the hyperlinks created from within the svg.
It has been a week since the CocoonGT2006. Time really flies, but now it’s time for a quick flashback of all the things that happened during those days.
A couple of days ago I succesfully managed to get AIGLX working on my Dell laptop in Ubuntu Dapper. I started out trying to install GLX a few months ago, but it was quite a strugle and I decided to leave it for now.